Flooring is an important aspect of interior design. It can define the theme of a space; add warmth and vibrance to it; and accentuate the overall space experience. Selection of the material used for flooring is therefore an important step towards an aesthetic interior design. Most flooring materials dictate the look and feel of the space. Terracotta tiles imply rustic interiors, satvario marble fluants luxury, wooden floors lend warmth, hence the flooring material makes a significant impact. One of the most primitive yet popular flooring materials is natural stone. The extensive use of natural stones for flooring can be attributed to the unparalleled grace it lends to the interiors. Here are a few reasons to opt for natural stone flooring.
Why to opt for Natural Stone Flooring?
- The unique texture of natural stones set them apart. Even the advent of a wide range of durable and aesthetic artificial products imitating natural stones have not been able to diminish the use of natural stones for flooring.
- A range of options are available in natural stone flooring. White Satvario, Yellow Travertino, Cream Botticcino, Brown Emperador, Greenish-Blue Kota stone are a few favorites. You can make a choice based on the color, texture and feel of the stone.
- Natural stones can be given different finishes. Polished stone flooring is known for its lustrous effect. Matt finish can lend a subdued effect to the flooring, whereas unpolished stone flooring can give a rugged feel to the space.
- Stone flooring is known for its strength and durability. With proper maintenance stone flooring can last a lifetime.
- Stone flooring is easy to clean and maintain. It can be washed and mopped; it can even be renewed by polishing.
- Another advantage of stone flooring is that it is resistant to fire.
- The value of a space appreciates if it is adorned with stone flooring.
- The only downside of natural stone flooring is its cost. Stone flooring is expensive but the investment is definitely worth it.